Find Someone Who... Beginning of the Year Activity
Students will use GoPiGo robots to transport questions to other students in the class to find out more about one another.
- Copy student handouts (1 per group).
- Divide the class into groups of 3 (or a group size that will allow each group to share a robot).
- Distribute a "Find Someone Who" student handout to each group as well as sticky notes or paper and tape. If students are using the blank template, give them 5-7 minutes to develop statements to complete the organizer.
- Groups should position themselves around the room so that they are not all sitting together. Groups may only communicate with one another silently (writing, passing a note via the GoPiGo, or hand signals).
- Groups will write a question from the statements on their sheet on a sticky note or a piece of paper and attach it to their GoPiGo. They will then program or drive their robot to travel to another group. If a student can provide a positive response to the statement, they will write their name on the sticky note or paper and silently signal that the robot can return to the original group.
- Students will repeat this process until they have names that complete all of the statements on their sheet.
Last modified: Monday, 2 November 2020, 9:51 AM